This reproducible workbook aids students in developing language skills with cut-and-paste story sequences that guide them to answer questions and tell their own stories. Lessons include:
- amusing, illustrated story sequences
- hierarchy of wh-question difficulty
- student cut-and-paste activities
- guided lessons to help students transition to story-telling
Language skills addressed: wh-question comprehension and answering, sequencing, syntax, vocabulary, thinking and problem solving and predicting and inferring.
The 45 lessons progress in this order:
- Activity 1: Children listen to a three-part story and follow along by looking at the story pictures. They answer the wh-questions at three different levels (basic content questions, inference questions and problem solving/predicting and expansion questions.
- Activity 2: Children construct their own story loosely based on the story in the first activity. WH-questions are provided to help with the narrative.
- Activity 3: Children sequence the pictures they selected in Activity 2 to make a three, four, or five-party story.
Ages: 4 -9 Grades: PreK-4
Please note new 2020 pricing.