This professional resource by Dave Hammer and Cari Ebert provides practicing SLPs the hands-on information they need to effectively treat toddlers, preschoolers, and early school-aged children who have or who are suspected of having childhood apraxia of speech (CAS). The following areas are covered:
- CAS an sCAS: How diagnosis drives therapy.
- Creating communication risk-takers.
- Getting started with minimally verbal young children.
- Continuing the journey with the more verbal child.
- Using multisensory cues in therapy.
- Activities for enhancing repetitive speech practice through play.
- Incorporating technology into therapy.
- Establishing family and community partnerships.
Ages: 2 and Up (Grades: PreK and Up)