By Laurie Eckenrode, Pat Fennell & Kathy Hearsey
“Tasks Galore Early Education” takes a look at developing tasks that address skills across curriculum areas.
- Fine Motor Skills: Prewriting, writing and computer skills.
- Readiness: Matching and sorting skills.
- Language Arts: Books, print and phonemic awareness, decoding and word recognition, comprehension and vocabulary.
- Math: Number sense, numeration and numerical operations, spatial sense, measurement, patterns, relationships and functions.
- Reasoning: Concepts as they relate to the student’s environment: exploring materials, making predictions, generating attributes and using common objects.
- Play: Art, music, manipulatives, games and independent play.
Over 250 full-color pictorial series of multi-model tasks used in programs for children with autism.
Excellent for teachers, therapists and parents working with exceptional children.